Thursday, October 4, 2012

Buddy the Watch Dog

When  I got Buddy, I originally wanted him to be a big, mean, scarey watch dog but it really hasn't turned out that way. I'm sure he would protect me if I needed him to but he just does not seem to have an aggressive bone in his body.

I am glad he is the way he is, though. He's a German Shepherd Husky mix and I assumed that he would grow up big and mean but he isn't at all. If I had to choose, I guess I would pick the big gentle giant that I ended up with instead of what I thought I wanted him to be.

He loves kids! My grand babies come to visit and he curls up by them, gets toys out to play with them, if they cry at all he whines and cuddles with them until they stop. He lets them use him as a pillow or a toy, he even lets the little ones sit on him and then when he has had enough, he gently gets up and goes behind a chair.

When I let him outside, he usually does his business and then comes up to the door but this one night I went out to get him and he had his butt up in the air, his head & front paws in a kneeling position. I called him to come to me and he wouldn't move. He had made a new friend that looked like she was starving to death so I brought his new friend,in the house. I couldn't resist, we ended up with a cat that will not leave his side unless the kids are here, then the cat hides.

It isn't the people in the house that bring home strays, it's the other animals!

So much for me having a big scarey dog, eh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment