Thursday, October 4, 2012

Buddy !!

When I first got my dog, I wanted a unique name for him. I didn't want him to have a common doggie name like Rover, Spot or Spike and thought it would be awesome to name him Dee Ohh G. I thought it even sounded kind of Italian!

For about two weeks, his name was Dee Ohh G and I really thought it was kind of cute but my kids didn't like it at all, they didn't think it was a good name for him. My kids kept asking why in the world would I name a dog D-O-G?!

I guess I have a better sense of humor than my kids, they just don't get it!

My older son started saying "Come here little buddy" and slowly but surely, everyone started calling him Buddy. Now I have a dog with a common name and it gets confusing sometimes because I have two dogs and someone that isn't really thinking about it or doesn't know one of the dogs' name is Buddy says "hi buddy" to both dogs and Duncan thinks his name is Buddy, too.

The worst thing is taking him to the park to walk where other people are walking their dogs. There are a lot of dogs named Buddy and a lot of people that say "hi Buddy" or "how ya doin Buddy?"

--> If I ever get another dog, it will have a very unique name so me, my dog, other people and other dogs don't get so confused!

No comments:

Post a Comment